Five ways to our heathy lifestyle
How to lead a healthy lifestyle
There are five simple ways for you to lead a healthy lifestyle:
- Regular physical activity is important for the healthy growth, development and well-being of children and young people.
- We should get at least 60 minutes of physical activity every day
- Water is the best way to quench your thirst – and it doesn’t come with the added sugar found in fruit juices, soft drinks and other sweetened drinks.
- Reduced fat milk for children over two is a nutritious drink and a great source of calcium.
- Eat whole fruit to eat, rather than drinking fruit juices that have a lot of sugar.
- Eating fruit and vegetables every day helps us grow and develop, boosts our vitality and can reduce the risk of many chronic diseases.
- Aim to eat two serves of fruit and five serves of vegetables every day.
- Sedentary or ‘still’ time spent watching TV, surfing online or playing computer games is linked to kids becoming overweight or obese.
- We should spend no more than two hours a day on ‘small screen’ entertainment. Break up long periods of use as often as possible.
- Plan a range of active indoor and outdoor games or activities, as alternatives to watching TV or playing on the computer.
- Healthy snacks help us meet their daily nutritional needs.
- Snacks based on fruit and vegetables, reduced fat dairy products and whole grains are the healthiest choices.
- Avoid snacks that are high in sugar or saturated fats – such as chips, cakes and chocolate – which can cause us to put on excess weight.
The European Commission support for the production of this poster does not constitute an endorsement of the contents which reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.